- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Assistant Director – Advisory Services Analyst
Standort: Edinburgh, Scotland, GroßbritannienThis is an exciting opportunity to join the Enterprise Risk Solutions Insurance Advisory Services Team. As a member of the team you will be at the forefront of industry developments and will be exposed to cutting edge stochastic modelling and risk management problems.
The candidate will be responsible for implementation and advisory projects, client training and direct client engagement. The role is responsible for producing bespoke calibrations and scenario sets, software configurations, client on-boarding and general quantitative support. In addition, the role includes working with our sales team to advocate for our quantitative modelling expertise and capabilities.
- Responsible for the delivery of consulting, implementation, model calibrations and client facing projects within the Insurance Services team with a focus on our Life and General Insurance clients on valuation and capital modelling projects.
- Taking a leading role in the training and support of our clients in relation to our stochastic modelling products (Economic Scenario Generator), models and calibrations. This will include the hosting of onsite training sessions and the delivery of training on these products and their underlying quantitative modelling techniques.
- Working with the sales team to engage with prospects in meetings/workshops related to the implementation projects for our products and content-services.
- Working directly with clients to support the implementation, training, documentation and validation of our Life and General Insurance focused stochastic modelling products and services. Projects are varied and can involve a combination of activities ran from our Moody's Analytics offices and also onsite with clients.
- Produce analytical work for clients based on the application of financial modelling to real life risk management problems. This will include the use of the Moody's Analytics ESG software and stochastic modelling tool kit in the following areas:
- Configuring solutions for clients and working with them to implement our solutions.
- Working with our modelling operation team to configure bespoke content services.
- Development and advisory projects with regard to bespoke modelling and calibration services.
- Engaging with key stakeholders across our research and product development teams to represent our client 'voice' in the development of our software and content solutions.
- Maintain and develop client relationships and key stakeholder relationship across the insurance business.
- Undergraduate degree in highly quantitative subject (financial mathematics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Experience in a financial institution (e.g. within an insurance company, consulting firm or asset manager)
- Understanding of financial mathematics e.g. derivative pricing, interest-rate modelling, econometrics, stochastic processes, Monte-Carlo simulation, etc…
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Progression towards achieving the actuarial qualification or CFA is advantageous
- Efficient approach to problem solving
- Can be relied upon to hit deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Willingness to innovate and discuss ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds and at all levels
- Open to using new methodologies
- Dedicated to customer focus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.