- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Data Developer
- In this highly visible role, you'll be working with cutting edge technology and contributing to data driven solutions that will in turn benefit all of our customer facing and central teams
- Joining our multi award-winning team, you'll be perfectly positioned to have a genuine business impact
- This is an autonomous and flexible role, and one in which you'll have the opportunity to significantly develop your specialist skills
What you'll do
As a Data Developer, you'll help us to build innovative data solutions that actively manage the performance of colleagues across the bank, using intelligence systems to recommend actions and recognise success. You'll utilise agile software development using both scrum and Kanban to quickly deliver features to our users. You'll also work as part of our high performing Design & Development team, switching between feature teams as project demand requires.
As well as this, you'll be:
- Developing well-crafted and quality data solutions to complex business demands
- Delivering highly engaging and interactive web front-ends and middle-tier business logic components
- Building next generation autonomous applications
- Integrating cutting edge thinking such as algorithmic management and behavioural insights into the work you do
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a creative thinker and problem solver who works well individually or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. You'll need to be an intelligent and pragmatic developer, with a strong passion for data and technology.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience in dealing with large volumes of data, through use of tools such as Informatica, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop and SAS
- An ability to derive and communicate complex insights to a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience of machine learning, statistical analysis, modelling and predictive analytics, as an advantage
We'll also consider applications from exceptional VB/MS Access developers who can show strengths in other areas.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.