- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 24 Mai 18 2018-05-24
See job description for details
Join us as a Datapower Analyst in the IT Operations area of our Technology function
- You'll grow your experience while working as part of an engaging and supportive team
- This is an opportunity to really shine in a diverse role
- You'll need to cover daytime shifts between 8am-6pm, and once the service is up-and-running you'll provide out of hours on-call support
What you'll do
You'll be undertaking and delivering technical change and support for platforms, activities and processes, and provide effective low level component design, technical change and implementation, while also supporting IT systems.
Working closely with internal and external stakeholders will allow you to:
- Influence colleagues across the bank using your technical expertise, to make recommendations in line with Technology and RBS strategy, policy and standards
- Support the day to day running of technology across the bank
- Provide operational support for technology based services to our end user community
- Support a central point of customer contact, and provide first and second level support using the incident management, change management and request fulfilment processes
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with sound technical knowledge, including platform, products and domains. This will be supported by one or more Service Management disciplines, such as Incident, Problem or Change. You'll have knowledge of development methodology, and operational principles. You'll demonstrate an understanding of modern analysis, development and testing methodologies, and any associated tools.
Other technical knowledge may include:
- IBM Datapower support, managing and solving problems on Datapower infrastructure
- Technical ability in HTTP(S), SSL and advanced networking
- XML/XSL, Encryption, digital certificates and websphere
- An understanding of multi-tiered end to end service models and multiple DMZ environments
- Exposure to Systems Management Software, such as Tivoli and SCOM
- An aptitude for problem solving and moving projects forward based on resolutions you find
What else you need to know
The opening date for application 01/05/18 and the closing date is 29/05/18
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.