Meraki Talent Ltd are delighted to be engaged on the role of Finance Manager - Investment Funds paying a salary of of £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Meraki Talent Ltd are delighted to be engaged on the role of Finance Manager – Investment Funds for a growing business with ambitions to continue to invest in 2023. The role is based in Edinburgh and is offering a salary of £55,000 - £65,000 per annum with additional benefits. The Company
The business is a highly sought-after employer, that takes pride in hiring the best the market has to offer. They attract these individuals via competitive remuneration packages, staff empowerment, flexibility, and the opportunity to grow and progress. The Role
The role of Finance Manager – Investment Funds will report into the Finance Director and will manage a small team of qualified and part-qualified accountants.
The successful individual will manage a portfolio of clients and have oversight of team delivery and operational strategy. This will involve liaising with key clients on a regular basis and being 'the face’ of the organisation, thus it is imperative the successful individual is able to build relationships through credibility and meeting SLAs.
Moreover, you will be responsible for the personal development of all direct reports - this is critical to the growth of the team and business.
You will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Managing a small team of client accountants
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements for a portfolio of clients including forecasting and commentary - ensuring these are accurate and timely
- Preparing fund drawdown, equalisation and distribution calculations
- Liaising with clients on various accounting related matters including - investor capital, entity drawdowns, tax returns and annual accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts for a portfolio of clients
- Liaising with auditors and tax partners
- Preparation of VAT returns and other compliance requirements
- Accurately record of all information and client interactions in order to track
- Take part in the development and appraisal process for junior employees
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant, with a background within investment funds or a first-time mover from an accountancy firm with experience of working with relevant investment fund portfolios. Moreover, you must have experience of managing high performing teams.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years PQE
- Experience of managing a team(s)
- Experience of working with investment fund clients and/or working within a business of this nature
- Have strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills - being able to build effective, professional relationships
The role of Finance Manager- Investment Funds is offering the following package:
- Up to £65,000 per annum
- Competitive bonus
- Pension – 9%
- Holiday allowance – 36 days per annum
- Private medical cover
- Other benefits available on request
The office is based in the centre of Edinburgh and is easily accessible via public transport. Next steps
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Tom McVay for a private and confidential discussion.