Global Technical Accountant for an international group based in Edinburgh paying up to £47,000 per annum
Meraki Talent are delighted to be engaged by a global professional services business to appoint a Global Technical Accountant – Newly Qualified / Finalist paying up to £47,000 + bonus with hybrid working. The Company
This company is a global player that has grown substantially over the past 10 years through both organic growth and M&A activity. The next 12-24 months will be considered a period of consolidation as it looks to stable its platform before once again looking to grow and expand through further corporate development.
Due to the size of the business and finance team, it provides the ample environment for career progression & development. Furthermore, it has an extremely talented finance leadership team that are so passionate about ensuring everyone reaches they full potential so pride themselves on constantly acting as role models and mentors to their people. The Role
The role will report into the Head of International Technical Accounting and will be working in a team of 4. The successful individual will have the opportunity to partner with the business’ international entities – spanning Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
You will be involved in all aspects of technical accounting, reporting under UK GAAP and IFRS. You must have good knowledge of each and the ability to apply each accurately when preparing financial statements. Moreover, it is imperative that you have the ability to business partner effectively – building strong relationships with stakeholders in all relevant international offices.
You will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Preparation of year end accounts and working papers for audits for international offices
- Preparation of year end audits and statutory accounts for international offices
- Supporting international offices with any technical queries
- Run and manage the month end close for international offices
- Reconcile monthly/quarterly/annual financial accounts to the local entity accounts including troubleshooting and commentary
- Review accounts on a (i) local ‘accruals’ basis; (ii) local statutory accounts basis; (iii) group accounts; and (iv) UK group statutory basis, ensuring any necessary adjustments are posted correctly
- Monthly review of balance sheets / P&L. Identify unusual / incorrect balances and help to correct where necessary
- Review month end postings checklist to ensure completion by all offices
- Manage and action running list of accounting issues in each entity in conjunction with local finance teams.
- Ad hoc projects including process improvement and systems testing
The successful individual will ideally be a first-time mover from a chartered accountancy practise with good knowledge and experience of IFRS and UK GAAP. You will have had access to large, complex, commercial clients in either an audit or accounts preparation capacity.
It is essential that you are a qualified accountant (or finalist - 1/2 exams remaining) under ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or the equivalent.
Those coming from an industry background, whom are qualified with the requisite knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP will also be strong candidates for the post.
The Global Technical Accountant role will offer the following package:
- Up to £47,000
- Competitive pension & holiday
- Private medical
- Hybrid working
- Other benefits available on request
The office is based in the centre of Edinburgh and is easily accessible via public transport. Next steps
Please get in touch with Jack Ramage for a private and confidential discuss and/or submit an updated CV via the apply link.