Head of TM & Screening
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh or London as the Head of Transaction Monitoring & Screening
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven senior manager to join us in Transaction Monitoring & Screening (TM&S)
- You'll be responsible for defining the operational goals and objectives for their team and overseeing their implementation
- Hone your existing leadership skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be expected to build meaningful and lasting relationships with businesses, whilst providing oversight and advice on matters that involve TM&S. You'll lead the TM&S team which is accountable for overseeing that the businesses and systems owner controls are adequate and effective.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Accountable to the Head of FIU, and efficiently targeting our Transaction Monitoring (TM) systems solutions to the prevailing regulatory requirements and business AML and TF risk
- Accountable for the TM Risk Assessment approach to inform Transaction Monitoring solutions
- Developing and driving TM solutions ensuring optimisation through understanding of business risk, existing and emerging typologies and delivering optimisation through appropriate segmentation, tuning, rule design and selection for automated solutions
- Designing and delivering an enhanced Transaction Monitoring MI suite focused on performance of rules, oversight of service delivery by AML Investigations and settings to drive future enhancements and ensure rules remain optimal
The skills you'll need
You'll need a strong awareness and knowledge of AML and Sanctions systems including understanding of e2e system dependencies, controls and components, and organisational awareness of RBS including knowledge of products, risks, process and controls in relation to system optimisation.
You'll also need:
- Experience in leading team of technical SMEs in a financial crime or risk management discipline
- Problem solving skills, analytical skills and creativity in respect of solution design
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and build sustainable future operating models
- Strong stakeholder management skills including experience engaging with senior stakeholders and technical SMEs
- Qualifications or professional standards - an external qualification in Financial Crime such as ICA Diploma or equivalent
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.