Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Internal Audit, Technology & Risk internship, you'll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for analytical thinkers who have the determination to overcome a range of challenges
- You'll be open to finding out more about different activities we do in different parts of the bank
- You'll be interested in Agile working and collaboration
- You'll show real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail
Our Internal Audit, Technology & Risk programme will give you an understanding about how we audit different parts of our business and the different needs each area has.
We'll place you in either our Risk A uditing or T echnology teams where you'll start to build up your knowledge and experiences. Whichever team you join , you'll get the opportunity to experience the other through a dedicated learning programme; making sure you have a great grounding in both and preparing you for potentially joining our Internal Audit graduate programme the following year .
Working in an agile environment , you'll collaborate with many colleagues from a cross our business. Over the course of t his eight - week summer internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 pro rata.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
About the business area
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making.
- Gain insight into how the bank operates and how we keep ourselves safe and secure
- Gain an understanding of the bank's business risk environment
- Build your relationship skills
- Hone and develop your analytical skills
Internal Audit provide assurance for the bank by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to. " We are an independent voice in our organisation integral to protecting our customers' interests and meeting our long-term ambitions.
We make sure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern ship programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.