- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Prudential plc
Senior Service Reliability Engineer
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien
- 18 Mär 19
Senior Service Reliability EngineerWe're making a series of significant changes across the Wealth Solutions business of Prudential UK as part of our contribution to make M&G Prudential the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our strategy to modernise Prudential UK so that we can regain our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
A senior DevOps Engineer delivers and integrates software to form a complete DevOps toolchain. They are responsible for planning and designing large and/or complex technical initiatives.
They provide leadership to build knowledge and skills within the Engineering Community.
Senior DevOps Engineers;
● Transform technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery
● Make sure deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable and highly available
● Have a deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
● Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
Essential - confident practitioner
● Able to build and test interfaces between systems, and can lead complex integrations.
● Demonstrates a breadth of understanding of service support
● Able to identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions
● Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
● Provision, build and deploy SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS environments. Understand how to manage capacity and how that impacts on cost.
● Understand the deployment process through which code goes from the version control system to production, and automate this deployment process
● Break down restrictive manual processes such as over-restrictive change management in order to build agile and flexible software systems.
● Sees prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. Establishes design patterns and iterates them. Knows a variety of methods of prototyping and chooses the most appropriate ones.
Complementary - working knowledge
● Identifies and engages with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence and understands and defines research which fits user needs. Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
● Translates logical designs into physical designs. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate. Designs systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business and technical complexity and meaningful impact. Works with well-understood technology and identifies appropriate patterns.
● Set up and use a version control system and code management technologies for collaboration, review and management of projects.
● Experience working in fast paced agile environments
● Experience working in cross functional teams
● Experience contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals
Communicate effectively in order to facilitate working meetings, using techniques such as active listening and negotiation. Tailor communication style to suit both face-to-face and virtual settings including web meetings and conference calls.
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
We also understand that your working pattern may need to be tailored to suit you - please let us know if you'd like to discuss a flexible working arrangement.