ServiceNow Software Engineer
The Requirements We're looking for a ServiceNow Software Engineer to join our ServiceNow Product team in Edinburgh
What you'll do
- Develop your career in a new team whose services are in high demand across our business
- The team's objectives are aligned to the bank's long term strategic goals and we have a growing product backlog and defined roadmap for the next few years
- You'll be joining an area where personal development and learning is actively encouraged, with team members having recently presented at Knowledge18 and NowForum, and attended IT500 and ServiceNow user groups across the country, as well as specialist seminars
The ServiceNow Product team are a new team with exposure to all of the bank's customer facing franchises, delivering solutions on the new ServiceNow SaaS platform. We use Scrum Agile to deliver regular incremental improvements for our customers. You'll be joining a supportive and engaged team culture which is open to new ideas and experiences.
As a Software Engineer, key aspects of your role will include:
The skills you'll need
- Engineering software solutions for our product stakeholders
- Working in collaboration with architects and business analyst on software design
- Acting as a member of the Scrum team, taking responsibility for any tasks assigned to you and assisting other team members
We're looking for someone who's certified in ServiceNow system administration and application developer, with experience scripting in ServiceNow and with advanced system administration skills. You should have proven experience working in a ServiceNow role in a large organisation - preferably in financial services - and of delivering high quality results, giving you deep knowledge and understanding of ServiceNow products and solutions.
You'll be a certified application developer with good iTIL knowledge. Having foundation v3 would also be an advantage.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle practices
- Good Agile knowledge and experience of working in scrum teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A self-starting approach, with strong organisational skills and high levels of self-motivation
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .