Software Development Engineer
Want to work on systems that support billions of ad requests across multiple channels and formats and power multi-billion dollar advertising products?
We are looking for outstanding Software Development Engineers to join the Audience Builder team in our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. Audience Builder enables advertisers to define the customers they want to engage based on shopping interactions, digital content consumption, and other events on Amazon. As a member of our Agile team you will have the opportunity to drive a key product in the Amazon Advertising targeting infrastructure.
Your team will own the business, technology, and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR equivalent experience in software development PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
• Proven track record of designing and delivering complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• In-depth experience with functional languages such as Scala or F#.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
• Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.