At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Role Context:
The PAC Accounting team at M&G plc are a well-controlled Finance function which support the external and internal reporting for the Prudential Assurance company limited and Prudential Pensions Limited.
The PAC Accounting team is required to produce UK GAAP financial statements, Group IFRS reporting and Solo Solvency II reporting. This role is responsible for contributing to the PAC accounting policies and supporting the Head of PAC Accounting in the technical advice to the PAC business units on UK GAAP accounting and SII reporting treatment for initiatives such as new products and transactions. It is an exciting opportunity for a technical accountant who enjoys complex problem solving to be involved in establishing the basis for financial reporting for a diversified financial services company. Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Support in technical analysis on the treatment under UK GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II reporting for proposed initiatives including new products and transactions
- To analyse the impact of new accounting standards on the PAC results and provide technical accounting support to the implementation
- Supporting IFRS technical analyses as directed by the Senior Group Technical Accountant and Head of Technical Reporting
- Support the preparation of the PAC and PPL UKGAAP financial statements, including ownership of a number of notes to the accounts, produced to auditable standards
- Support to conversation of FRS101 to FRS102 statutory accounts
- To liaise with the external auditors on UK GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II reporting technical matters ensuring a timely resolution is reached
- To maintain effective working relationships with other teams in M&G Finance ensuring that PAC technical accounting needs are communicated, understood and met
- Support with technical accounting analysis for new transactions and group reorganisations.
- Interest in and knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Solvency 2 reporting requirements
- Knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislatory frameworks
- Knowledge of M&G Prudential products, systems and distribution methods
- Interest in dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
- Experience of insurance accounting, including requirements of UKGAAP and IFRS
- Qualified accountant
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Matt Campbell
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.