Testing Specialist Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as Testing Specialist Analyst
- This role is based in our Gogarburn Digital Studio in Edinburgh
- Our Strategic Account Opening (SAO) Programme is omni channel, and works in the Agile delivery methodology space - we're looking to create a number of new cross functional teams, each aligned to different product sets
- You'll be working with talented and supportive technical people from various locations, and will gain the opportunity to work with latest DevOps tools and technologies
What you'll do
You'll undertake planning and execution of functional testing activities, and you'll understand the SAO requirements in the form of user stories and solution design, undertaking System and Integration testing, working in conjunction with other test team members, in both the UK and India. In addition you'll interface with SAO scrum and Environment team(s) to plan and execute functional testing.
In this role you'll:
- Participate in scrum stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, planning and estimating meetings
- Oversee the execution of tests, providing advice and guidance to Test Analysts and Specialists
- Be working hands-on and hands-off as necessary for day to day test planning, preparation and execution
- Define and design executable agile test plans for SAO releases
- Work closely with the solution architect, product owner and other relevant stakeholders to define and enhance test deliverables
- Carry out functional testing within and outside of development sprints by leveraging automation testing and reducing testing timelines over time
- Produce status reports for test planning, preparation and execution activities in a timely and consistent manner
- Conduct automated test execution
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need very strong experience working with Agile testing methodology, leading day to day test planning, preparation and execution. It's also essential you can demonstrate a strong knowledge of leading functional testing (must include test automation) for multi channel digital applications within the core banking or the Financial industry.
You'll also have:
- Strong experience of testing as part of Iteration (In-Sprint testing) as well as other non Iteration (Release based) test activities, for example, System Integration Testing
- Good experience with Agile testing, metrics, estimation skills, working with story points, velocity etc.
- Strong skills and experience with Test Governance documentation and Reporting
- Experience of a test driven development, behaviour driven development and continuous integration
- Experience of the Atlassian tool set - JIRA, Confluence
It would also be an advantage to show:
- Knowledge of micro services and IBM DataPower architecture
- Test Automation Skills and experience (Jenkins, Cucumber, Node.JS), and an ability to execute automated tests
- An understanding of Cloud ecosystem and associated technologies - AWS, Azure
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.