- Edinburgh, Scotland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 23 Sep 17
VP Systems Engineering – Data and Voice Connectivity Services
Standort: Edinburgh, Scotland, GroßbritannienThis is a challenging position within the Systems Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures. Moody's is moving towards Automation and Software Defined networks for voice, video and data to support our key initiatives that include increase the use of collaborative technologies and Cloud adoption.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a management role leading a team of Data Network and Voice engineers who are responsible for implementing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever expanding organization. This team is also responsible for deploying WAN optimization technologies to help use its precious bandwidth as efficiently as possible. The job requires a very good understanding of WAN and LAN technology . As a member of the Data and Voice Connectivity services team you will be responsible for setting standards for Hardware and Software configuration templates along with tracking their patching and lifecycles. This includes HW standards for routers, switches, QOS and WAN optimization. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing the infrastructure, which include implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead a team of 5 engineers responsible for designing and implementing networks that support voice, video and data simultaneously
- Review and approve SOW for professional services
- Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment.
- Responsible for network equipment life cycle, version management, patch and vulnerability management.
- Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same.
- Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of HW/SW solutions for other IT teams / business groups.
- Provide automation for configuration management and prevent configuration drift across all devices.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans with a focus to ease Cloud adoption, improved end user experience and automation.
- Monitor various work queues to ensure team is meeting their SLA/SO commitments
- Provide technical oversight to Operations team and managed service provider.
- Participate in vendor governance meetings to ensure delivery of contracted services
- Drive automation and continuous service improvement within the team and across all Infrastructure functions.
With 300 employees primarily located in New York, London, and San Francisco along with over 1,100 onshore/nearshore/offshore outsource IT partners worldwide, Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services. We provide end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of our Bond rating business along with content and enterprise risk solutions ensure the company's premier standing among financial services firms. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- Knowledge of automation techniques and orchestration technologies for network devices (Ansible, Puppet, Cisco Prime).
- Knowledge of networking in cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of voice technologies including CUCM, UCCE is desired.
- Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, NXOS, Wireless technologies.
- Understanding of how HA technologies function and their limitations is also important.
- Experience with Ethernet Switching technologies and related IEEE standards (i.e. 802.1d, 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1x, 802.11a/b/g/ac, etc).
- Experience with common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface technologies (T1, E1, T3).
- Experience with IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with IPSec VPN technologies.
- Experience configuring Riverbed Steelhead products.
- Cisco routing and switching products (45xx 39xx, 3850, 65xx, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2k).
- In depth knowledge of WAN technologies - especially MPLS.
- Knowledge of Cisco DNA Center and APIC is desired.
- Experience with traffic prioritization use QOS, COS, DiffServ.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand wireshark captures and netflow reporting.
- Riverbed Steelhead or equivalent WAN optimizer product experience is desired.
- Citrix Netscaler or equivalent load balancer product experience is desired.
- Linux/Python/REST API skills are desired.
- Good Visio and Excel skills.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Industry certification in relevant area is a plus
- Minimum 10 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.