Vice President, Report Production
Description About this role
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients! BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. BlackRock currently has more than $5 trillion AUM and approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets! Team Overview:
The role sits in Tech & Ops within BlackRock Data Solution, which is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered through the Green Package consistently, accurately and on a timely basis.
Candidates for this role will be part of our Platform User Support Team. User Support is a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of Risk and Performance Analytics Reporting to our clients through the release of the Green Package (GP) product. The Green Package is a comprehensive suite of reports and tools which allow portfolio management teams to manage market risk and make sound investment decisions. Platform User Support Team is a fast paced and exciting environment with team members who all share an interest in Finance and Technology. Responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Alternatives products and how they are modeled and traded in Aladdin.
- Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Exhibit attention to detail when quality checking Green Package analytics and be accountable for the timely delivery of reports to our clients in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Engage in meetings with end-users of the Green Package product from all levels within the company from Portfolio and Risk Managers to Operations teams and also with our external Clients.
- Support client/user requests related to the Green Package analytics.
- Be a 'Student of the Markets' by following the global markets daily to understand how macro-economic factors can affect the Green Package analytics and portfolios management's risk and investment decisions.
- Project work: engaging with other internal teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our sophisticated client demands.
- Show desire to work in a constantly evolving, changing and exciting environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spread, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships with partners.
- Technical skills (SQL, UNIX, Python and PERL) are preferred but not vital.
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred.
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Our benefits
- Candidates will gain exposure to working directly with our partners such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop knowledge on the constantly evolving Aladdin investment technology, improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think creatively in order to tackle numerous complex issues.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.