Glasgow city centre
£50,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits and lucrative bonus
Your new company
Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We're currently shortlisting for a hands on Software Developer to join the team based in their easily accessible offices based in Glasgow city centre.
Your new role
We're currently on the lookout for a hands-on software developer to join the development tools and systems group. The team is responsible for shaping the SDLC within organisation by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers across the globe for software development and deployment. You will be working with a global team of experts to extend the release automation capabilities of the organisations SDLC platform. The platform is used by thousands of developers, across a diverse set of programming languages, technology stacks, and platforms, and is continually evolved to stay current with the state of art in SDLC practices and tooling.
In addition to hands-on development experience and breadth of technical skills, you will also have a good understanding of current best practices in application architecture, software design, code development, and software distribution. Prior experience in the financial industry is not required; candidates from software companies are welcome
What you'll need to succeed
• Highly technical and passionate about optimizing software delivery pipelines.
• Ability to explain SDLC best practices, including source control, code review, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, and IDEs.
• Experience working as a developer on a large-scale project in an agile environment.
• Prior work experience developing tools and components to integrate with systems for source control (particularly enterprise-scale git) build automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, change management, IDEs, or large scale software distribution.
• Experience working with multiple compiled (Java, C++, C# or Scala) or interpreted (Python, Perl, groovy) languages on Linux and Windows.
• Web development experience, preferably with multiple frameworks (Angular 2 preferred).
What you'll get in return
• Flexible working, WFH
• £50,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits and lucrative bonus, pension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or contact Matt Kelly using 0131 473 4929
If these jobs aren't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within IT Development/Design please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.