Business Analyst - Data Provision
- Glasgow, Scotland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Apr 19
Business Analyst - Data Provision
Role Title: Business Analyst
New or Existing Role: New
- The Funds Data Provision Project is implementing a global systems architecture and operational support model that will source, standardise and control the provision of Back-Office and Middle-Office data to support HSS clients and internal systems.
- We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join the team tasked with the requirements gathering, solution definition and implementation of the new platform specifically in support of Life Company Reporting and Solvency II deliveries for clients. The role will be part of the existing team of Business Analysts to support the delivery tasks across the following in-scope data areas:
- Asset/Instrument Mastering
- Operational Data - Positions/Transactions
- Static/Reference Data
- Market Data - Prices, Benchmarks, Analytics
- Performance Attribution
- Client Reporting
Impact on Business
· Work closely with the Product Owner and Business Project Manager to agree the requirements and future strategy for Middle-Office Data Provisioning
· Perform the duties of a Business analyst and consistently produce work of a high quality aligned to the strategic goals of the Project
· Ensure appropriate business analysis tasks are performed as part of the project lifecycle including the development of process maps, operating models, business requirement documents, test and business migration plans
· Identify how to support the client and regulatory requirements using data sources both internal and external to HSBC recognising the licensing restrictions that apply
· Working with IT Data Architects to design and create a strategic solution
· Agreeing and assisting with the creation of Business procedures
· Communicating and reporting effectively with all stakeholders, users and team members - providing regular reassurance regarding progress and taking control of potential conflicts of interest and priorities between business groups.
· Constructively raising key issues and risks
- Identifying, recommending and delivering opportunities for improvements to enhance quality, efficiency and effectiveness of deliverable
- Continually reassess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructures, and the impact of new technology
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of and anticipates operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- A level or above education.
- Experience at Business Analyst level as part of a large project/programme of work
- Practical experience of implementing data scrubbing/management/warehousing tools and processes, along with data governance structures
- Experience of working with senior business users/stakeholders
- Understanding of the Asset Management/Fund Services industries, and supporting technology and business processes
- Knowledge of all instrument types and their respective lifecycle events
- Ability to analyse data using a variety of tools such as Excel, SQL etc
- Solvency II or other regulatory experience an advantage
- CADIS/Markit EDM experience an advantage
- Strong business analysis with good interpersonal skills
- Strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical approach
- Strong problem solving skills and able to perform under pressure.
- Good, structured analytical skills
- Able to work effectively with senior business and IT stakeholders across business divisions.
- Clear communicator - verbal and written.
- Able to host and effectively run workshops and meetings, many via conference calls
- Able to multi-task and be able to prioritise effectively
- Have vision and foresight concerning the design and implementation of system solutions, particularly in relation to the impact and design of revised/new business operating models.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.