L3 Wintel Engineer - Endpoint Protection - Security Infrastructure Operations
- Glasgow, Scotland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Okt 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Sr. Windows System Administrator with an understanding of enterprise security software. This role is tasked to providing highest level of security consultancy and operational support of our security infrastructure solutions. The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of approximately 70,000 Linux Servers, 10,000 Microsoft Windows servers and 85,000 Desktops.
This role focuses on security products covering the endpoint security area (Tanium, EnCase, Illumio and Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint encryption, Symantec Protection engine) and tooling utilized to manage them in a global environment. Internal product training will be provided to a successful candidate as part of onboarding. Role requires Advanced Windows skills, Scripting and Linux is a plus.
An additional key component of the role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
- Provide security consultancy services and support
- Maintain security infrastructure
- Work with global colleagues to create and maintain globally consistent processes, policies and procedures and provide innovative ideas
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Investigate & Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents impacting services and undertake problem ownership and related follow-ups
- Provide constructive feedback where necessary while working with colleagues
- Identify areas for automation and scripting
- General enterprise infrastructure knowledge (firewalls, routing and load balancing, SI Model, packet captures, DNS, etc.)
- Senior Windows Operating system knowledge, 2008/2012/2016
- Basic Microsoft Server operating system knowledge
- Experience in full-stack troubleshooting
- Skilled at problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing.
- Comfortable working in operations and support team with end user interaction and with periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills: capable of writing documentation, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues and customers.
- Desired intermediate experience working with Powershell
- Desired experience with Splunk
- Desired experience in any of the following products: Symantec Data Center Security. Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Protection Engine, Symantec ATP, Symantec ATP, Encase, Tanium, Avecto.