Transfer Pricing Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
If you’re looking for a firm that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on. We have built a world class reputation for quality and service and the talent and passion of our people has been critical to our success. We provide a strong foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
The Glasgow Tax Team is responsible for global tax reporting, compliance and technical analysis.
JOB DESCRIPTION, SKILLS REQUIRED AND SKILLS DESIRED
An Associate based in Glasgow is required in the reporting team within the Transfer Pricing (TP) Group to provide transfer pricing support to Tax & Financial Control Group (FCG) teams, including tax senior management.
The Morgan Stanley Tax Department currently has an interesting and challenging career opportunity for an Associate in a newly established reporting team within the TP Group, who will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with supporting global transfer pricing compliance.
- Responsible for producing the annual transfer pricing reporting including collecting/updating/analyzing data and monitoring timeline in various countries
- Responsible for local country TP documentation including collecting/updating information and producing reports as well as monitoring the timeline in various countries
- Assisting with global business unit (BU) TP coverage and preparation of supporting global TP documentation
- Responsible for year-end TP calculations review and maintaining intercompany agreements
- Support of year-end TP reserve analysis
- Support of TP audits including collecting/updating information and reporting
- Part or newly qualified accountant
- Experience in an accounting firm, corporate finance or tax department
- Ability and desire to improve and create processes to increase efficiencies and completeness in the TP documentation
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong skills in communicating with a global, diverse group of colleagues
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- A high level of personal commitment, and is self-motivated, innovative, flexible, a team player, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3