Senior Reconciliations Analyst - Broadlands Business Campus (Near Horsham)
We are building a brand new Purchasing and Payment Service Centre in our Broadland Business Centre which will provide client focussed, best in class support to stakeholders globally across the full cost lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new Reconciliations team and support it's development from the ground up.
Reporting to the Reconciliations team lead, and deputising for them in their absence, you will be responsible for; (i) allocation of cash transactions for bank accounts across a number of entities ; (ii) investigation of unallocated cash; (iii) production of balance sheet reconciliations for a variety of accounts including cash.
Who we're looking for
You'll be a strong communicator with a control focus and an operational mindset, able to think critically about processes to support improvements and drive efficiency.
You will become a reconciliations subject matter expert and have prior experience in a finance accounting or operational role.
You'll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. It's home to our EMEA Operations and Technology Operations hub.
The Reconciliations team, along with Supply Chain Services, Purchasing and Payables, form the new Broadlands Purchasing and Payment Service Centre, an efficient, best-in-class capability servicing Schroders offices globally.
This brand new team will be formed of c. 5 people responsible for; (i) allocations of cash transactions for our corporate bank accounts across a number of entities; (ii) investigation of unallocated cash with our Payables, Receivables and wider Finance teams; (iii) production of balances sheet reconciliations for a variety of accounts including cash.
The team will work closely with the Financial Control and Costing teams to ensure that reconciliations are performed to a high standard.
What you'll do
• Allocation of cash transitions in Oracle Fusion cash management for all bank accounts within a number of operating entities
• Investigation of unallocated cash with internal and external parties
• Production of balance sheet reconciliations for a variety of accounts including cash
• Investigation of returned funds with the support of both the Group Treasury and Payables teams
• Work closely with the Accounts Receivable function to ensure proper allocation of inbound payments
• Act as a point of escalation for issues arising with reconciliations.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of working within a operational team.
• Experience working in an accounts or reconciliations function
• Qualification in Finance or Accounting
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of Oracle Fusion and / or TM5
• Experience of Financial Services
What you'll be like
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
• Friendly and approachable.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands.
• Team player with an ability to work independently.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.