As a Barclays Senior Developer (Ab Initio), you will be responsible for the overall design, development and maintenance of ETL processes used to support our enterprise data environment consisting of Big Data technologies. You'll be working within our Risk, Finance and Treasury (RFT) function and be helping build data connectors and interfaces for our stakeholders, designing scalable and secure data solutions and work together with a cross functional team ranging from ETL Developers to Business Analysts.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process. What will you be doing?
• Providing technically sound solutions for the ingestion, storage and presentation of enterprise data including ETL design, data storage strategies, data access and security
• Developing complicated Ab Initio ETL processes to turn business requirements into Technology data solutions
• Driving the design of scalable solutions while considering recoverable and resiliency requirements
• Employing agile techniques such as task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and continuous integration to enhance overall execution speed and quality
• Converting source to target mappings into ETL code
• Collaborating with data modellers and contributing to the physical data model design
• Designing and implementing physical data and metadata repositories in Hive/ Impala/ HBase (as appropriate) corresponding to logical data models
• Replicating data from current RDBMS based systems to the RFT Hadoop Data Lakes What we're looking for:
• Proficiency on data warehouse product stack and architecture
• Proven experience in delivery using Ab Initio and Data modelling
• Proficiency with MS SQL and its variation among popular databases
• Knowledge of all Hadoop components mainly HDFS, Zookeeper, YARN, HBASE, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL Skills that will help you in the role:
• Familiarity or experience with Amazon AWS Cloud
• Excellent communication skills; an articulate and detail-oriented individual
• Very good stakeholder management ability, experience in managing high severity incidents and working under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills - exemplary team player and ability to mentor junior members of the team Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.