This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual, who is interested in kick starting their investment career at a high performing, multi-strategy alternative investment firm. Opportunities are available in Capstone’s London and New York offices.
In this two-year program, you will move through four, six-month rotations, working alongside Capstone’s portfolio managers and traders. Our investment professionals have experience trading across Equities, Rates, FX, Commodities, and more. Throughout the program, you will gain exposure to various investment strategies, whilst working on meaningful, challenging projects. Capstone will partner you with a dedicated mentor and provide multiple hands-on training opportunities to help advance soft skills and technical knowledge.
- Assist in day-to-day support of trading and trading operations, including entering/verifying trades into the trading system, eventually learning how to generate trade ideas and analyze how trades perform over time
- Analyze and present key performance metrics and data to assist investment teams with critical reports and strategize on execution tactics
- Perform market research and proactively communicate with Portfolio Managers regarding relevant news and changing market conditions
- Maintain P&L and generate risk reports
- Develop statistical computations and model market impact
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company trading policies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- On track to graduate from an Undergraduate or Post-graduate degree in 2023 in Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in VBA, Python and/or other programming languages is desirable
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and financial mathematics with an understanding of futures and options, is desirable