PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The Emerging Markets Debt team manages approximately $20 billion across a range of investment strategies. The team analyses the macroeconomic and political environments of more than one hundred countries and translates these fundamental views into investment ideas. Our research process leverages traditional news and crowd-sourced media, economic data releases, relationships with economists and political analysts, and on the ground travel to meet with policy makers and in-country experts. We exploit both long and short investment opportunities and use a variety of sovereign bonds, currencies, equities, and other cash and derivative instruments in order to execute our strategies. Our team is made up of highly motivated professionals with diverse backgrounds who complement our global perspective.
The internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in Emerging Markets by taking on the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst. The internship will commence in Spring 2023 and typically lasts six months. TRAINING PROGRAM
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Gather, maintain, evaluate, and distribute macroeconomic data from disparate sources for use in investment research process.
- Interpret data, create visualizations, and communicate valuable information to the team.
- Assist the Director of Country Research and his team by completing ad hoc tasks and special projects.
- Lead business process optimization projects
- Interns will be given a country research project towards the end of the internship, which they will present to portfolio managers and analysts on the team.
Application Deadline 30th September 2022
- Excellent record of academic achievement, with transcript as a proof
- A keen interest in emerging markets, politics and economic policy
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Knowledge and operating self-sufficiency in programming language(s) such as Python or R
- Strong MS Office skills
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
- Attentive to detail, well organized, and deadline oriented
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and collaborative