Who we are looking for
The fund accounting specialist is required to work in a client facing role within the State Streets daily accounting oversight department in London. As part of the daily role, the Fund Accounting Specialist is acting in an oversight capacity, reviewing the Net Asset Values of the UK registered portfolios and Pricing. The role holder is expected to work with the State Streets Outsourced Service centers and Centers of excellence ensuring that client valuations are timely and accurate prior to release to the client. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a fund accounting specialist you will
What we value
- Exhibits highly detailed understanding and execution of all Oversight tasks and functions such as NAV validation and dissemination
- Ensure NAV and reporting deadlines/deliverables are met with accuracy.
- Cover for line manager during absence, on non-staffing matters
- Identify and implement process enhancements
- Work independently on highly complex issues/clients
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison
- Provide technical expertise by leveraging the basic fund accounting skills
- Support colleagues from offshore and monitor/review the quality of service they delivered
- Minimize errors/breaches with the aim of having none that result in a financial loss/claim to State Street or the Client
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Technically competent in Accounting, security types and valuations
- Understanding of Operational Risk and controls
- Data analysis skills
- Problem solving
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or financial related discipline and / or work related experience in financial services or fund administration Additional requirements
About State Street What we do.
- Effective communicator
- Maintain Specialist knowledge and skills that are essential in preforming the role.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers