API Governance Lead Developer - Architect
API Governance Lead Developer - Architect Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of API Governance Lead Developer - Architect.
CMB IT is the technology organization that provides banking services to or corporate and business banking clients. It provides a comprehensive set of capabilities that cover the global need of our clients. Key duties include:
Qualifications To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Design and develop innovative tools to automate API governance
- Design frameworks to support monitoring and control of internal and external APIs
- Design scalable, secure and resilient solutions utilizing standard enterprise-grade infrastructure solutions and cloud technologies (private/hybrid/public).
- Ability to create clear, concise proposals for solutions and brokering agreement across multiple stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders across multiple disciplines; business analysts, product owners, testing teams and wider technical stakeholders.
- Define and sell a vision, but with the ability to deliver incrementally and provide immediate value to the stakeholders.
- Experience of CI/D pipelines, modern deployment and release methodologies including automated configuration and provisioning at scale.
- Familiar with micro-services and REST based API's
- Experience in an enterprise environment including an understanding of traditional processes and procedures and how they may impact a digital transformation end-to-end
- Relevant technical experience working in a large corporate environment
The base location for the role is London.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.