We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of Department/Section
The Processing Centre for EMEA (EOO) provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch and complex transaction processing.
The Trade Finance Services department sits within EOO, providing processing / technical service and support to the Commodity and Structured Trade Finance and Transaction Banking Divisions.
The team acts as a regional processing hub servicing multiple offices and business teams and focusses on core trade finance products such as documentary credits, collections, standby letters of credit and various forms of financing such as ARPS, promissory note discounting, trade based loans and supply chain finance.
Main Purpose of the role
The Product / Client Services Specialist is responsible for supporting initiatives for the ongoing development of the team’s processing framework and the maintenance, introduction and development of products appropriate for the aspirations of the Trade Finance businesses within MUFG EMEA. This underpins the core function of effectively delivering high level client service, communications and the strengthening of internal relationships.
- Delivery of key reports such as: team / individual productivity, output, SLA
- Oversight and delivery of system enhancements or introduction of new systems
- Management of new or developed products, work with ETBO
- Design and implementation of processes and work flows
- Assist with risk and control analysis and improvements
- Representative at internal trade finance related meetings
- Representative and presenter at FOBO meetings
- Support the delivery of the Operation service proposition in partnership with wider operation teams
- Support wider team to deliver a reliable and consistent service, providing expertise to MUFG’s clients within the relevant Business Area.
- Interface Trade Finance with Front Offices / Branches through coordination of regular product focused meetings with key stakeholders.
- Review and support bespoke Business requirements to ensure Operations delivery in partnership with Trade Finance Operations and compliance with bank policy and market requirements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team lead to maintain and implement improvements in service levels and deliver first class client experience ensuring effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Produce and present management information, reporting, monthly and periodical submissions to Business recipients as required.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Produce and present management information concerning Trade Finance operational service status and key initiatives.
- Create and maintain change initiative plans (and revise as appropriate) to meet changing business requirements.
- Implement efficiency improvements and assist in new business initiatives.
- Develop and maintain industry awareness to mitigate the impact of changing external regulations.
- Chair product focused meetings
- Co-ordinate departmental NPA responses
- Provide analysis to operations/business
- Resolve basic enquiries
- Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements in order to mitigate financial and compliance risks.
See opportunities to assist in a selfless approach. Be upbeat, approachable and be part of the drive to a motivated team
- Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in trade finance and exposure to the underlying operations
- Experience with process analysis and re-engineering
- Experience with developing, creating and presentation of reports
- Experience in understanding and ability to map processes
- Experience in the management of and representation at high level meetings
- Exposure to trade finance operations, balance sheet bookings and system flows
- Experience with and application of the knowledge of Trade Finance regulations
- Project management
- Experience in leadership of a team
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of key risks and controls within a trade finance environment
- Good understanding of the regulatory framework that underpins Trade Finance
- Excellent work flow and time keeping management
- Team building skills
- Understanding of trade finance products; import and export LCs, collections and financing.
- Knowledge of UCP600 and other relevant ICC publications
- Knowledge of money laundering controls relevant to trade finance.
- Understanding of formatting Swift messages
- Awareness of UK, Japan and OFAC sanction policies
Education / Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Works effectively with others to achieve team goals
- Freely contributes ideas and expresses opinions to others.
- Has an adaptable and flexible approach to work situations, willing to adjust and change to demands and circumstances.
- Enthusiastic and self-starting, demonstrates strong commitment to the organization, department and the role.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Performance and Duties
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
Managing conflicts of interests
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.