Fnality was born out of the need to transform clearing and settlement processes; enabling Delivery vs. Payment (DvP) in tokenised securities markets, and in the secured funding market enabling instant settlement on a Payment vs. Payment (PvP) basis. At Fnality, the world's most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services by driving the transformation of financial markets back to Peer-to-Peer.
Do you want to watch from the sidelines as the financial services industry is transformed? Or do you want to grasp a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the team that makes it happen? Backed by a large consortium of the world's leading banks, at Fnality, the world’s most talented engineers, lawyers, bankers, analysts, and thought leaders are shaping the global future of financial services.
A blockchain scale-up we're driving the transformation of financial markets back to Peer to Peer by creating a new foundation for financial market infrastructure. With a successful proof of concept phase completed, we’re looking for people to join our team of doers, builders and collaborators, who are as excited as we are to help develop the platform upon which all future digital financial services are realised. Every capability for the new eco-system will be created from scratch. Our aim is simple, to create a highly motivated / talented team that can work from first principles to drive the creation of the world's new financial services infrastructure.
We are looking for a first-class Qualified Accountant to join the team and help us build the components and deliverables needed to establish the new organisation and achieve the overall Consortium vision.
- Understand and collaboratively contribute to delivering the organisations' business strategy, outcomes and success criteria
- Fully understand the as-is solution architecture (business/technical), and create solutions that adhere to, or build on, those foundations
- Understand, support and adopt the organisations' 'Commercial Agility' methodology
- Explore all business aspects of legacy systems vs state-of-the-art blockchain platforms
- Provide specialist business input as part of the cross-skilled team, either owning related deliverables or by helping others to do so
- Participate in collaborative team ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement, estimating, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Be an active part of self-organising teams, with clear focus and setting realistic sprint targets / estimates
- Contribute to the success of each team sprint though shared ownership and delivery of component stories and tasks
- Adopt continuous improvement mindset, retrospect with the team to identify and action improvements to throughput and quality
- Demonstrate a multi-skilled mindset and approach, contributing to 25 asset types (definitions, processes, documents, models, diagrams, presentation materials etc)
- Collaborate with specialist outsource partners to produce high-quality deliverables, for example Legal firms
- Strong focus on quality and rapid ability to change, keeping the As-Is architecture current so that it remains an accurate picture of current state
- Strong collaboration and communication applied throughout solution creation, ensuring that interrelated deliverables effective and coordinated
- Strong focus on learning and personal development to be cross skilled - maturing capability across legal, business, technical or compliance content
- Fact based, analytical and data driven thinker - applying scientific and engineering techniques to drive improvement
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Reputable honours degree with a 2:1 minimum grade
- Excellent accounting knowledge with the ability to analyse financial statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in financial services processes, systems and products
- Expert business understanding of payments, and financial services products
- Experience of working in an innovative, disruptive, rapidly mobilising and evolving business / teams
- Demonstrable experience of designing and rolling out new finance procedures
- Strong experience of collaborative tools such as Jira and Confluence, and strong Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills