Accounts Payable AssistantOverview
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 700 people and manage more than £7.8 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
We are looking for an experienced accounts payable assistant. They will be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail and enjoy working within a fast paced environment.
- Process invoices into the purchase system - Proactis
- Process weekly payment runs
- Prepare payment request forms and circulate for approval.
- Account allocations for Debtor & Creditor accounts in Sun
- Reconcile Creditor accounts
- Resolve any invoice queries
Specific experience/technical skills/abilities
• Set high quality standards and communicate with clarity and passion, integrating our brand values in all messaging to ensure the Octopus name is synonymous with success in this area.
• Demonstrate a collegiate attitude to others, helping out beyond the point of personal return and responding to requests for assistance in an efficient, timely and helpful manner.
• Demonstrates high standards of ethical behaviour across the company.
• Experience of Procure-to-Pay processes, including raising orders/commitments, goods/service receipting and invoice entry/authorisation.
• Demonstrable track record of improving processes and controls.
• Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.