We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of Department/Section
Currently there is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on experienced individual with detailed knowledge of Euro Clearing and Liquidity Management.
The candidate would also be required to cover Bank Holidays on a rotational basis.
The Euro-Clearing desk is open from 5.30am- 6pm. The ability to undertake the early shift (5.30am-1.30pm) would be preferable but not essential. Please note a car is sent to pick staff up for the early shift.
Other shifts include:
- 9.30am – 5.30pm
Main Purpose of the role
On a functional level the candidate will be responsible for accurate processing of Euro Clearing payments, Liquidity Management support the Front office business area and ensuring completion of daily obligations in accordance with Head Office Rules, Regulations and Compliance policy.
- Responsible for the accurate verifying of Euro Clearing payments in accordance with cut-off times as documented by relevant Euro settlement systems and internal procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Front Office business areas ensuring appropriate liquidity provision is available to support MUFG business.
- Support management in resolution of routine issues/queries, ensuring escalation where necessary.
- Provide administrative support in the review, creation and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Provide general support to facilitate the implementation of projects as and when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of daily obligations in accordance with Head Office Rules, Regulations and Compliance policy.
- Previous experience in a back office operations role preferable.
Skills and Experience
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Sound working knowledge of pan-European payment and clearing systems.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of Clearing Systems such as TARGET2 and EBA
- Detailed knowledge of the mechanics associated with Security Settlements.
- Understands the operational risk framework and is acutely aware of the Front Office environment at play and how the team’ function complements it.
- Experience of SWIFT, Intellimatch and Microsoft Office skills would be useful.
- Product understanding of Finance and Outright business.
- Knowledge of CLS would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Performance and Duties
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
Managing conflicts of interests
The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.