Application Specialist - Datafeeds
JobDescription : The Job:
Application Specialist - Data Management Solutions The Location:
London The Grade:
G10 (Internal use only) The Role:
The Application Specialist supports revenue growth and retention within an assigned geographic region by ensuring a positive client experience throughout the entire sales cycle. The incumbent is responsible for making sure that clients are able to maximize utilization of our products from a content and technical perspective. The Impact:
The Application Specialist organization has responsibility for pre- and post-sales client services of S&P Global Market Intelligence's Data Management Solutions and products (bulk data feeds and APIs). The Team / The Business:
Primary problem solving challenges for this position revolve around an understanding of the client's business and how S&P Global Market Intelligence's products and solutions can add value to this business, as well as the challenges related to hardware/software installation and training. The ability of the incumbent to solve the myriad of problems related to product installation, training and use, is critical to success in the position and thus critical to S&P Global Market Intelligence's overall success in growing the business and retaining existing business. Your Skills:
Excellent communication, training and analytical skills. Finance knowledge and/or experience (equities and/or fixed income). Familiarity with relational databases;
Prior programming experience, preferably in SQL. Responsibilities: Product Knowledge:
- Act as a product specialist for S&P Global Market Intelligence's data feed and API solutions from a data and delivery perspective, and assist Sales in opportunities so that clients understand what data we have, how to use this, and how to ingest our data.
- Deploy these solutions at client sites; ensure that our software is configured to work with the client's environment, and work with our internal technical support staff as needed.
- Train clients in the use of our content and platform, ensuring that their specific data and application needs are addressed and that they receive maximum value from their use of these products, increasing the likelihood that they will retain their S&P Global Market Intelligence subscription in future years.
- Expand use of our solutions within the department that purchased the product and across the company. Gather intelligence and communicate internally to identify opportunities to contribute to revenue retention and growth.
Eye on competition:
- Provide feedback on existing products and participate in the development process of new products. Suggest applications that could enhance the usefulness and value of S&P Global Market Intelligence products based on experience with supporting accounts.
- Develop information sources on clients, competitors, and prospects, and follow call program standards.
- Serve as a primary region contact, and thus primary information source, between S&P Global Market Intelligence and clients.
- Take ownership of obtaining and organizing information about clients' applications and content needs, technical environments, developing relationships, assessing the potential for additional sales in the various accounts, and keeping records of installation and support activities to ensure that a knowledgebase of success/shortfall is maintained and shared with other staff members as a resource for future activities.
- Activities should be sales-oriented in the sense that the Application Specialist is the point-person for client contact, communicating with the client on a regular basis and having the opportunity to assess a client's personnel, application, technology and future needs.
- Serve as a primary regional information source for clients about what is available (or may be planned) from S&P Global Market Intelligence and how it might fit their needs.
- Work with Sales to help qualify and understand the needs of prospective clients.
- The incumbent should possess an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, or Business.
- CFA designation is helpful.
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms (e.g., Compustat, Capital IQ, SNL, ClariFI) and how clients use them.
- Experience working with financial data feeds is a plus.
- A strong understanding of fundamental data and financial investment concepts is necessary.
- Knowledge of the fixed income market is a plus.
- Prior experience with SQL or a major programming language.
- Familiarity with RDBMS configuration and/or administration (SQL Server, Oracle) is a plus.
- Formal training and/or experience in personal computer diagnostics, hardware/software problem-solving techniques (in both local & network environments), and support processes.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other languages are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel.