My client, my preferred client is seeking to add to their financial control team. This is an excellent asset management business where you’ll feel valued and looked after its also approximately 10 years old meaning its full of opportunities. The team is excellent with an excellent culture and you’d be surrounded by nice, genuine and intelligent individuals.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts under IFRS
- Preparation and review of financial statements under IFRS including liaison with auditors
- Aiding in the preparation of VAT returns and submission of quarterly tax returns
- Understanding the business and keeping up-to-speed with business developments and being able to communicate this effectively to team members
- Proactively seeking to identify improvements to manual processes and management reporting information leading to higher value-added work
- Involvement in a broad range of department–wide projects and initiatives as well as cross-business initiatives
- Preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory returns.
- Balance sheet substantiation on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of expense analysis both for Directors and Senior management
- Preparation of the annual budget and half year budget reforecast.
Skills and experience
- Accounting knowledge gained from either a previous accounting role
- Preparation of audited financial statements under IFRS an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Willing to work in a highly-driven team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient PC Skills (Word, Excel)
Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the confidence and ability to operate effectively at all levels including third parties