We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of Department/Section
EPD Finance is primarily responsible for financial accounting, JGAAP & USGAAP Financial reporting to Head Office, Regulatory Reporting to Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Bank of England (BoE), Financial Planning and Management Reporting, Treasury Finance Reconciliation & Reporting, Taxation and managing bank-wide SOX Programme to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
EPD Finance also proactively support and mentor Finance departments of other EMEA units in areas of Accounting, Taxation and Internal Controls.
Main Purpose of the role
Preparation of Regulatory and Financial Accounting Reports in order to support the Bank in meeting its deadlines to its various stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for Financial & Regulatory Reporting across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- Produce the monthly, quarterly and semi-annual Bank of England, PRA and FCA returns meeting all deadlines imposed by the external regulators.
- Keep up to date with changes to the current reporting requirements ensuring that all returns are completed in accordance with the rules and that the bank complies with them.
- Assist with upgrades and testing of the regulatory reporting system to enable continous accurate reporting of all the returns. Working with technology to ensure any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Review the monthly revenue analysis for a specific front office division to ensure that their revenues and asseta are reported correctly.
- Prepare various monthly reports for the front office divisions and repond to any ad hoc enquiries from the front office as required.
- Prepare JGAAP (Quarterly) and USGAAP (Semi-annual) returns for reporting to Head Office.
- Review and correction of Customer static attributes critical for regulatory and statutory reporting in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Carry out daily and monthly reconciliations and ledger adjustments
- Experience in banking/financial services within the Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting functions
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel is essential for the role. MS Word, PowerPoint and Access are beneficial (preferred), as well as exposure to Regulatory Reporting software packages
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Education / Qualifications
- Graduate & Professional Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) – preferred
- Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count.
We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.