Associate - Retail, Media & Leisure Analytical Team - Corporate Ratings
Grade 11 (for internal purposes)
The Role: We are currently looking for a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our Retail, Media and Leisure industry team as an experienced analyst based in London. We are offering a full employment contract.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to rapidly pick up credit surveillance on a rating portfolio workload of about 12 credits.
• Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
• Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
• Present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
• Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Rating's credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
• Act as backup analyst as required by team leader, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
The Impact: The Associate will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. You must demonstrate an ability and previous experience in working at board level and you will be asked to represent S&P Global Rating's in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and perform meetings with multi-national, senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Team / The Business: While the candidate would benefit from several other team members being based in the same location, as well as following the same sectors, he/she would be responsible for the surveillance of a portfolio of about 12 credits. The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and innovation, and the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures.
• MA/Msc in Economics, Finance or Mathematics/Engineering
• Previous demonstrable experience as corporate credit analyst with solid understanding of corporate credit rating fundamental analysis principles and of corporate high yield analysis.
• Ability to read and understand loans and bond documentation and related documentation.
• Strong credit analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements, cash flow modeling and accounting concepts.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of another language would be a plus, but is not required.
• Knowledge of the Retail industry would also be a plus.