Associate Business Architect
Associate Business Architect
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an Associate Business Architect to be a key enabler of Schroders' business architecture agenda. They will work collaboratively with business strategists, enterprise architects, process owners, and subject matter experts across Schroders' business lines and regions.
The role focuses on the relationship between the firm's business architecture framework and the way in which it is applied - clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions. They will have an active interest in data visualisation techniques to provide analytics and business insights using the business architecture framework.
We have a bias for working collaboratively with business, change, and IT practitioners to develop and apply business architecture to deliver real business value.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Business Design team comprises of business and process architects, whose aim is to ensure we design business change aligned to our strategy and accelerate and de-risk the delivery of that change by collaborating with business, technology and change teams at all levels of the business.
The Change organisation at Schroders designs and delivers solutions to domain and enterprise level challenges. Group Change consists of a number of specialist practices: Business Consulting, Business Design, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Enterprise PMO, all of which support business, change and technology teams deliver consistently high quality and impactful change across the firm.
Schroders have adopted the Business Architecture Guild's framework for Business Architecture and are actively developing and promoting the practice across the financial services industry.
The role will involve a blend of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders in a fast-paced problem-solving environment, together with addressing longer-term strategic planning challenges for the firm's strategy execution agenda and change portfolio.
What you'll do
• Partner with enterprise architects and senior business stakeholders to define strategic plans for leveraging an integrated knowledgebase as part of the enterprise architecture.
• Provide strategic consultation to define or design business capabilities, value streams, organisational views, and key information concepts, and other outputs as required.
• Combine enterprise architecture and business analytics software to develop, govern and disseminate business design related information and insights across the organisation.
• Facilitate design and support the development of enterprise solutions.
• Working in a highly collaborative manner with teams across the organisation.
• Apply Schroders SAFe Agile methodology, standards and behaviour to all work.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• An understanding of and experience of working in an Investment Management firm
• Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation;
• Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adapting communication style to suit audience;
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team;
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders;
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones;
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken;
• Educated to a minimum of first degree level.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Understanding of business architecture and business design skills and best practice, gained through experience of working in enterprise and/or business architecture, business design, or consultancy teams;
• Be comfortable using key business architecture tools and techniques;
• Professional qualification in business architecture;
• Demonstrable experience in enterprise architecture software;
• Demonstrable experience in business intelligence and/or data visualisation tools (for example Microsoft Power BI, Tableau);
• Knowledge and experience of delivering integrated business and technology change using iterative Agile methodologies, preferably SAFe Agile;
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC), CFA, CIMA or other Investment Mgt industry professional qualification
What you'll be like
• Able to build strong relationships across the organisation from a position of trust
• Proactive and innovative in your ability to think differently
• Curious, analytical, logical and structured.
• Proven ability to create a working relationship within business domains and establishing a role as a trusted advisor
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.