Associate Director - Private Equity Valuations Analyst
Company & Team - "About Us"
The Private Equity Valuations Analyst will deliver a range of valuation services specifically to the alternative investment community including private equity, asset managers, hedge funds, banks and fund administrators, in connection with the provision of post-trade valuations for investments across private equity and illiquid debt.
Our analyst teams in London, Dallas, Gurgaon and Singapore serve over 300 institutional investors and cover notable names in start-up, growth, mature and distressed markets across the globe. Since inception in 2014, the Private Equity business has been amongst the fastest-growing areas within IHS Markit and the business is looking for a driven and experienced valuations analyst to support its future product growth. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
Key responsibilities include:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Performing valuations on a wide range of illiquid investments across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Presenting analyses and conclusions including written reports, and handling valuation queries from clients
- Contributing to the design and enhancement of the financial models used to perform valuations
- Working with management to build and maintain client relationships
- Oversee the training and development of junior colleagues
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden their knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry
Key Qualifications and Skills:
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 7+ years' experience working in a valuations role
- Qualified accountant or CFA charter holder (or in process of obtaining qualification)
- Solid experience of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company / bond, and other intangible asset models
- Experience of managing delivery of valuations and provision of responses to price challenges
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Opportunity to work within a fast growth business
- Strong client base across Private Equity, hedge funds and alternate asset investors.
- Engage in research to be able to value early stage private companies, unicorns and illiquid debt portfolios.
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Opportunity to work on technology projects to enhance the quality and depth of the valuations product
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.