Associate Director, Power and Renewables
Due to a recent internal promotion, we are looking for a hands on Associate Director to work on the structuring and execution of Project Finance products in the Power and Renewables sector.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Producing credit applications, taking responsibility for the production of technical sections relating to a specific product area of expertise and reviewing the input of junior colleagues.
- Executing debt and advisory deal transactions within specified limits under the supervision of more senior colleagues.
- Contributing to the development of client or counterparty facing reports, proposals and presentations, converting analysis into well-reasoned and logical arguments, conclusions and recommendations.
- Engaging with clients at a counterpart level to provide advice on specific product opportunities in line with client needs and BTMU objectives and contribute to building client insights.
- Conducting holistic market analysis using a range of data sources to generate client / market insights to inform decision making.
- Reviewing client or counterparty documentation to verify accuracy, querying non-standard terms and clauses to ensure smooth and efficient transaction processes.
- Managing due diligence processes and checks to enable informed credit and transaction decisions.
- Holding accountability for initial/first level sign off and enbsuring deal files are compliant.
- Developing and maintaining a strong network of partnership with the relationship teams, other product areas, including MUSE, and support functions within BTMU, in order to effectively grow and sustain the franchise.
Success in this role will require the following:
- Degree education with relevant industry expertise
- A minimum of 3 years relevant structuring and execution of Power and Renewables transactions
- Exposure to Project Finance modelling would be highly advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of credit, risk management, market and legal aspects of Project Finance
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills based on systems and models required for Project Finance
- Presentation and communication skills and the ability to build relationships, both internal and external, are key
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.