10764 About our client
Planet First Partners (PFP) is a long-term growth equity investment platform with a mission to invest in, and partner with, purpose-led businesses which will deliver market leading financial returns alongside meaningful environmental and societal impact.
It is among one of the first â€˜Article 9â€™ or â€˜Dark Greenâ€™ growth funds, meaning 100% of investments are/will be aligned with the EU Sustainable Investment Taxonomy. As a result, the diligence process involves a sustainability management plan as an integral part of the value creation plan proposed by PFP. This will ensure all management teams and KPIs measure, report and verify contributions to sustainability alongside commercial success.
PFP has already raised over â,¬400M, and deploys â,¬10-50M in each investment for minority equity positions in European headquartered businesses. Furthermore, PFP is an evergreen structure which allows for agility in hold period to help better facilitate long-term change. Having already invested in two companies, PFP is continuing to deploy capital within a 4-year investment period but with this flexible hold period.
PFP was founded by FrÃ©dÃ©ric de MÃ©vius and Alexander de Wit, respectively former Chairman/CEO and Managing Director at Verlinvest, where they invested in and supported successful consumer brands such as Oatly and Vita Coco. The founders are currently supported by a high-calibre, entrepreneurial and mission-driven investment team in London. They are now looking to scale the team through key hires at all levels who are passionate about investing with purpose.
For more information on PFP please go to https://www.planetfirst.partners/ ; for more information on job opportunities please reach out to PER. What the job involves
The Associate will support the Investment Team to identify and execute investments, as well as assist on portfolio support and implementation of value creation plans. He/she will have the following core responsibilities:
Who we are looking for
- Working closely with the team and in particular, Senior Associates, to help identify and analyse prospective investments through in-depth market analysis, company outreach and financial modeling;
- Assisting in live deal work, from valuation to coordination of the due diligence process, to generate insightful investment recommendations;
- Monitor the performance of existing investments and assist the team in working hand in hand with the senior management of portfolio companies to support their development.
For this position, we are seeking candidates with the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in investing, M&A, transaction services, strategy consulting or entrepreneurship with a passion for climate technologies alongside energy transition, green cities, industry 4.0, software, consumer wellness and agtech verticals;
- Exposure to and awareness of technical or engineering processes is an advantage;
- Academics: a degree in STEM (preferred), finance or business from a well-established university or business school is required. MBA will be considered a strong plus;
- Having an internationally diverse professional background is important;
- Being self-motivated with the ability to take ownership to operate independently but also work as part of a team is critical.