Audit Manager, Valuation Models
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
See job description for details
We're hiring an Audit Manager to cover valuation models, based in London
- This quantitative Audit Manager role will see you play a significant part in mitigating any risks across our valuation models
- You'll work on a range of valuation models, with particular emphasis on derivatives pricing models
- You can make a tangible difference to the bank's future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, and working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective testing and assurance. You'll work with the Senior Audit Manager and business stakeholders to scope out audits, developing your understanding of the business's key risks and controls and formulating an appropriate and robust testing plan, before leading your engagement team in its execution. You'll succeed in this role by:
- Leading your team through the engagement stage, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence
- Delivering sometimes complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a strong, established auditor or outstanding risk manager with extensive quantitative audit experience focusing on valuation models, or valuation modelling experience in an investment banking or trading environment. You'll compliment this with a suitable quantitative qualification, such as a Mathematics, Physics or Financial Mathematics PhD, although a Masters or equivalent may be considered if you can demonstrate a deeper industry experience and understanding. An industry qualification such as FRM, QCF or an auditing or accounting qualification, would also be desirable. We'll also be looking for:
- An interest in and understanding of financial markets, instruments, valuation and risk management techniques - including current and emerging issues and developments - spanning across multiple asset classes or model types
- Working knowledge of financial mathematics and stochastic calculus and their application in risk management
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- Strong management stakeholder skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website .
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.