Big Data Engineering Lead
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- UBS UK
- 19 Apr 19
Job Reference # 186323BR
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable solutions in a complex Big Data environment with a heavy focus on streaming and data pipelines?
We are looking for a Big Data Engineering lead to:
• Drive the design and optimise the strategic architecture of the Data Lake to support the bank's Data Strategy
• Have hands on responsibilities with a modern tech stack featuring Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Flink
• Provide technical guidance to onshore and overseas teams to help drive them to successful delivery
You'll be working within the IB Technology Core Services team, responsible for delivering trade reporting and order recordkeeping capabilities for the Investment Bank. This is a global team of experts, providing new technology and best in class solutions..
• Leading, driving and contributing to software delivery in a global distributed environment
• Influence, mentor and coach junior team members
• Hands-on experience building data pipelines for ingestion, processing and aggregation of large volumes of data (~millions)
• 3+ years of hands-on experience of the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Parquet, Avro, Hive, Yarn, Sentry, Kerberos, Zookeeper) in a commercial environment (preferably Financial Services)
• 5+ years of experience working on core Java (Serialization, Design Patterns, Algorithms, Data Structures) and development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
Good to have:
• Experience of matrix or line management
• Experience using Containers and Container orchestration (Docker / Kubernetes / Pivotal)
• Experience with Cloud technologies (MS Azure or AWS) and enabling cloud-native solutions
• Experience working with Apache Flink, ElasticSearch
• Experience working with NoSQL database such as Cassandra, HBase, etc
• Experience using AppDynamics and Splunk
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.