- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- M&G Prudential
- London, England, Großbritannien
- 22 Apr 19
Working with M&G Prudential as a Business Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Business Analyst with analysis experience in the Asset Management industry to join the Global Distribution portfolio within M&G Prudential IT. The analyst would be joining the change team to support the implementation of a number of distribution and operations initiatives. This is a growing portfolio, and we expect an increased demand for change and product innovation as the organisation moves towards building a client centric business and operating model. As a key focus, the analyst will work closely with M&G Prudential operational teams to implement new operating systems and processes and rationalisation of third party service providers.
• Identify data requirements relating to business improvement.
• Create data models to illustrate how data is represented within a business system and link this back to the process.
• Revise the data model in accordance with different proposed solutions.
• Perform analysis to support investigations and discovery phases of pipeline projects, feeding into the construction of business cases and delivery plans
• Assist in the management and controlled change of requirements
• Build an understanding of the business problem and identify user stories aimed at delivering value quickly (minimum viable product), with iterations to follow
• Gather and refine requirements through running stakeholder and product owner interviews and workshops, with analysis of documentation to provide supplementary detail
• Document requirements and processes using a variety of formats and tools
• Robustly challenge stakeholders to remain focussed on scope and maintain an approach for delivering value
• Determine implications of possible data and technology operating model options when defining solutions
• Adopt a flexible approach to business analysis working with both waterfall and agile project methodologies. Link technical delivery requirements to business process change and back to business value / benefit
• To support product owners utilising an Agile approach and in accordance with the established control and reporting framework (the M&G Change Process)
• To help champion an Agile approach to delivering projects across the organisation and be able to work with a Scrum team and product owner to deliver sprints.
• Ensure data requirements are met at project implementation.
You will have:
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
• The ability to:
- work with senior colleagues to prioritise business and information needs, analyse data from primary and secondary sources and support the development of data models.
- Use own initiative in a range of IS business change situations
- Clearly define data attributes and communicate these with stakeholders
- Challenge business users in order to capture future state requirements.
• A self-starter with previous experience of working on projects in all phases (investigations / feasibility and delivery)
• Experience of defining and agreeing the analysis approach on projects.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and determination to see initiatives through to completion.
• Proactive and delivery focussed with excellent communication skills - both written and verbal. Ability to present information clearly and succinctly at varying levels of detail.
• Ability to develop, adapt and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business.
• Capable of facilitating medium sized workshops and meetings with stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables reacting positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Have a genuine interest in expanding their knowledge and understanding of the challenges and developments impacting distribution & technology capabilities in the Asset Management industry.
ISEB BA diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of fund management processes and the link to the distribution function in an asset manager
• Previous experience of working within Asset Management ideally with transfer agency knowledge.
• Experience of defining business solutions (both short term and strategic) that meet the business requirement
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley