Contractor role for a Business Analyst within the Financial Markets Regulatory Technology Team Length of contract: 12 months
The Financial Markets (FM) Regulatory Technology group is responsible for managing the delivery required to satisfy various national and cross-territorial regulatory obligations, including MIFID II/R, EMIR, Dodd Frank, SFTR, and many others. These are managed via group-wide programmes, with delivery across multiple teams and locations.
The role is for a business analyst to work within the programme BA team. There is currently a large portfolio of work across new regimes such as SBSR, amended regimes such as CFTC and remediation/close out work on existing regimes such as SFTR and MiFID. The business analyst will sit within a dedicated squad, aligned to specific regulatory deliverables and be responsible for developing the business and functional requirements to be implemented by the product teams in Regulatory Technology or further upstream in the FM technology stack.
The successful candidate will require:
- Significant recent experience of regulatory reporting regimes (e.g. SFTR, EMIR/Dodd Frank/HKMA/MAS, MIFID)
- Solid experience across the FICC product set and trade lifecycle aligned to industry best practice
- Detail oriented mindset, comfortable with data models and data lineage through a complex architecture
- Self-starter mentality with ability to problem solve both independently and by navigating the expertise of a large globally diverse organisation
- Strong communication skills, effective across different audiences including Regulatory Operations, Compliance and Technology colleagues
- Ability to articulate business requirements clearly in appropriate tools, ensuring traceability from requirement to delivery
- Ability to document functional solution designs of high quality with no ambiguity
- Experience of agile analysis & development and usage of Jira
- Experience in test scoping, definition, execution and tracking through the delivery cycle