CDS Pricing Analyst
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit's CDS Team has responsibility for providing CDS pricing data based on contributed, quoted, and clearing data received from our buy and sell side clients. The team also provides support for reporting, historical data, trade conventions, credit auctions services and proactively designs the methodology for pricing CDS.
In addition, the team manages the processes that support IHS Markit's CDS indices family including iTraxx and CDX and is also responsible for IHS Markit's CDS Clearing services. IHS Markit's services are used by key financial institutions to help them monitor risk, mark-to-market and develop accurate forecasting models. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
IHS Markit has an opening for a CDS Pricing analyst in our London Office. This opening provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with OTC market (preferably CDS), and data management experience. We are looking for a motivated candidate to help support the needs of our European Client base, work with other team members around the globe and further develop IHS Markit's CDS and Clearing Services. There will be requirements to establish working relationships with our sell side contributors to ensure we operate smoothly, as well as a need to liaise with the sales team on Product specifics.
Duties & accountabilities:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Responsible for supporting and supervising the day-to-day running of IHS Markit's CDS, Index pricing service, & Clearing services
- Will be required to gain a broad knowledge of IHS Markit's offerings and be able to speak effectively on them externally
- Liaising with and maintaining our relationships with the dealer trading desks, and IPV Teams to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate source pricing for the CDS instruments we provide data on
- Providing exceptional client service by responding to client questions and performing demonstrations of website functionality
- Will be required to build external relationships with clients in addition to receiving feedback, and acting on feedback from customers on our products
- Assessing the quality of data provided and removing data sources that do not pass rigorous data quality checks
- Responsible for data quality, cleaning algorithms and client/dealer price challenges
- Generating metrics and reports on the quality of composite data
- Will propose and help implement process improvements to realize synergies within the processes used across Markit's pricing products
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- University Degree (minimum Bachelor) in a quantitative discipline or a minimum of 3 years of equivalent experience
- Understanding of financial markets, knowledge of and exposure to OTC products is essential
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills. Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, and other programming languages advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with teams, senior members of the organization and clients
- Team player attitude is vital for the role. This includes giving and receiving constructive feedback, as well as a deadline-orientated approach to group projects
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.