CIB Ops Governance and Control Standards - Governance and Business Analyst - Associate/ VP
Description About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $21.4 trillion in assets and 49,000 employees globally, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Within the CIB, the Resiliency and Control Management (RCM) team provides comprehensive operational, regulatory and governance support for the Securities Services Operations & Network Management (SSO&NM). The ability to develop, implement and maintain a best in class governance and control environment is critical to the Firm's success. The Governance and Control Standards team, which forms part of the wider RCM team, is responsible for directly supporting the EMEA Head of Operations and Shared Services with governance and operational oversight for all Lines of Business (LOBs). In addition, the team is responsible for implementing proactive and consistent operational risk management practices across the CIB. Role Description & Scope of Responsibility
The SSO&NM Governance and Control Standards team are looking for a London-based Associate to join them and playing a pivotal role in the Resilience and Control transformation journey. The scope of the role covers core pillars of risk and controls, regulatory commitments, regulatory requests and governance. A key element of the role is to provide specifc support to the EMEA Head of Operations and Shared Services to enable him to discharge his oversight responsibilities. This involves facilitating monthly governance forums, maintaining governance documentation, preparing for meeting with UK-based Regulators, facilitating meetings with key stakeholders as well as various ad hoc requests. The role will provide oversight cross the CIB organization and exposure to the regulatory environment pertaining to the UK Senior Manager Regime (SMR), including the functional groups involved with supporting delivery and key stakeholders associated with the regulatory requirements. In addition, the candidate will be exposed to a varied landscape of transformation initiatives and be involved with developing risk management practices supporting the SSO&NM organisation. The role will involve working in close partnership with the extended Resilience and Control Management team, Compliance, Operations, Technology, Strategy, and Finance teams to develop and implement solutions.
This role is an excellent opportunity to work in a small, progressive team with exposure to a key regulatory agenda and direct interaction with CIB senior management.
- Produce information packs for senior managers and Board members, including the EMEA Operating Committee reporting, quarterly Board paper updates and regulatory reporting.
Required Skills and Preferred Experience:
- Facilitate key monthly governance meetings including getting meetings set-up, creation of agenda's, information gathering and pack production, documentation and communication of minutes / follow up actions
- Conduct investigations into queries raised, securing operational updates, ensuring actions are performed on time and in full
- Ensure robust record-keeping and document storage practices are adhered to
- Prepare materials for UK-based regulator briefing sessions as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business', Compliance, Audit functions and other key partners
- Proactively identify and propose areas for improving process quality, control, and productivity
- Build practical knowledge of digital ops tools and techniques used within the Firm; engage in planning, testing and project implementation
- Understanding of the Finance Services industry, the regulatory environment and impact on business strategy
- Work experience in the Financial Services industry, with a good understanding of the products and markets in which the CIB operates
- Prior experience of facilitating formal Governance or working in a risk & controls-related role (desirable)
- Excellent Communication Skills:
- Very strong written and verbal communication with the ability to provide opinion and challenge as appropriate
- Good attention to detail with the ability to succinctly communicate and collate information requirements to / from LoBs
- Experience in delivering high quality written deliverables on time
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard, to tight timelines
- Actively demonstrate accountability, responsibility & ownership for managing own actions & workload
- Ability to balance and deliver upon multiple delivery requests whilst managing expectations
- Ability to consistently deliver results with little direct supervision and good judgement as to when to seek assistance or escalate
- Program management experience (desirable)
- Outstanding Work Ethic:
- Determined approach to deliver to time and quality expectations and to influence the agenda of others
- Deals comfortably with ambiguity and uncertainty; is flexible and has the ability to create clarity and consensus
- Eager to learn and seek out opportunities to enhance skills for themselves and team members
- Team player with ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels and across functions in a collaborative manner in order to achieve results, as well as ability to manage prioritization
- Strong Technical Competencies:
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Operational Risk management
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Strong Analytical/Data Mining Skills
- Good SharePoint experience
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.