We are looking for a Mid-Level CMS Java Software Engineer to join our engineering team at eFinancialCareers. eFC is the world’s leading financial services careers website, providing finance professionals with the latest job opportunities, career information and invaluable industry insights. This team is responsible for implementing and developing on Bloomreach CMS, our Enterprise CMS platform. When you become an eFinancialCareers team member, you join a company that values their loyal and enthusiastic employees by providing them a competitive salary, great benefits, including pension, generous paid time off, casual dress, wellness program, fitness club reimbursement, on job training, and more.
- Help architect and implement solutions on Bloomreach CMS platform.
- Perform cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Collaborates with Product Owner and other team members in completing deliverables. Translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assists with development of functional designs and resolves complex design issues.
- Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Collaborates with product, users and customer support to ensure complex issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Extensive experience as a Java developer
- Comfort with HTML/CSS/JS
- Bitbucket/ Jenkins / Maven
- Experience with Bloomreach CMS or any Enterprise CMS a plus.
- Experience with Freemarker or different templating engine a plus
- Expertise building apps that communicate with RESTful services
- Strong communication, problem-solving, organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within an Agile project teams to successfully implement customer facing responsive web applications
- Experience with AWS is a plus
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years as a Software Engineer in a product oriented software company