C++ Developer (Application Development) - Vice President
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Okt 18
See job description for details
You will join a team that is responsible for infrastructure development providing core C++ libraries and tools for our global eTrading platform. We provide trading focused C++ software components that span all the functionality needed to build high-performance and reliable applications. Our libraries are used in thousands of applications and by hundreds of developers across Morgan Stanley.
Our team have created several projects to github.com. We embrace open source, you will create & contribute to open source projects. You will be part of a focused dev team, work closely with end users to define API’s, interfaces, develop new and extend existing components. The core libraries are developed in C++ on Linux, with automated tests written in python.
We are expanding to enable Morgan Stanley to deliver new businesses and improve trading low-latency performance. This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley; our core infrastructure software team is the heart of our technology group. The successful candidate will have opportunity to grow and shape our next-generation of infra technologies.
Knowledge or experience working in the finance industry is not required. We are a technology focused team, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds of IT.
● You will work as a senior Developer primarily writing code in C++ on Linux.
● Write code – Work with clients, vendors and open source, across all aspects of software lifecycle. We promote ideas, evaluate new technologies, and bring them to production.
● High quality – our software is well written, extensively tested, clearly documented.
● Move quickly – your code can be live in a few hours.
● Teamwork – you will be part of a collaborative team setting of like-minded peers. Work with some of the best technologists in the industry.
● Learn and grow – opportunity to lead or learn, per your experience. We have a culture of learning and coaching.
● Technologies we use include: Clang/LLVM, GCC6 C++14, RedHat7, SolarFlare/Mellanox, FPGA, Informatica UME, Gemfire grid, Sphinx doc, Python3.
● Senior C++ programming.
● Proven people management skills.
● Thought leadership in setting technical direction.
● Experience in working with Trading Applications
● Experienced Project Organization and Planning skills.
● Strong Linux system, multicast, low-latency network programming.
● Knowledge of financial technologies and tradeable products is essential.
● Experience of ETSParts release management
● Experience of working in an Electronic Trading Team
● Knowledge of ALGO
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The salary for the role is competitive
The closing date for the role is 27/10/18
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1