Change Manager CABM (12-month fixed term contract)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of the programme and affiliated projects, through its lifecycle, to agreed budget and quality:
- Manages the end to end project plans, coordinating activities across all resources to deliver the project including change management activities
- Ensures compliance with Project Governance and Project Management Standards
- Works with the Steering Committee and project Accountable Executives, to agree Terms of Reference, action and RAID logs etc.
- Ensures scope, approach, solution design, timelines, costs, benefits and all other key aspects of the project are documented, and all submission to committees of the right quality and are timely
- Ensures the Accountable Executives and Steering Committee are made aware of material risks, issues, cost, benefit, and scope changes
- Helps implement a culture of continuous improvement across the function, through problem solving skills such as A3 Problem Solving
- Presents complex approaches, processes and change management principles in a simple and effective way, differentiating by intended audience
- Supports the delivery of the 2020 Future State roadmap and ensures the underlying workstreams are aligned
- Provides continued challenge and focus to link project outputs and outcomes to the strategic needs of the business
People and Talent
- Provides leadership, management and coaching to stakeholders to ensure they are engaged and motivated
- Promotes and embeds a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm
- Ensures each project role / resource has clear responsibilities, reporting lines, delegated authorities and objectives and provides continuous feedback to their People Leader
- Builds change momentum and acts as an ambassador for the change programme to stakeholders within CABM and beyond
- Resolves issues, conflicts, or ambiguity through effective moderation of affected stakeholders and a solution oriented approach
- Ensures that issues, risks and interdependencies are identified, managed and resolved and ensures a robust escalation process is in place where Accountable Executive and Project Steering Committtee are required to own mitigating actions
- Ensures key person risks (BAU and project) are mitigated
- Prepares materials for governance meetings as required including updates to the Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing Management Team, Programme/Project Steering Committee (PSC)
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CABM function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Transparent Business Model; Effective Governance; Ethical Leadership; People Competency & Integrity]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing Management team
- CABM teams such as COO team, Change Communications team
- Specialist advisors in other functions i.e. HR, T&I and CFCC
- Coordinates internal communications about the Project by providing regular and timely updates to the function via the internal portal
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.