Client Auditor - London
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Client Auditor - London
At a glance
The Client Audit role within Asset Valuations is involved with the following processes:
- Auditing and Surveying existing and prospective clients.
- Identifying key areas and recommending appropriate mechanisms and structures to mitigate or reduce risk as appropriate.
- Operating as an independent 2nd LOD in a 3 Lines of Defence Model.
- Liaising with Asset & Relationship Managers and Business Development Management regarding clients and prospects to communicate issues and potential solutions.
- Adhering to a Risk Based culture and promoting flexibility in managing Increased Risk Audits of clients ranging from £2mln to >£250mln turnover, as well as being the primary Survey resource for complex and larger prospects.
- Monitoring the Commercial Finance portfolio (through, amongst others, the use of Risk Factor) in an autonomous and proactive way and being capable to take all appropriate initiatives towards the management of ABF in order to preserve the interests of ABF with regard to the portfolio
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, prospects, internal stakeholders and other involved parties.
Responsible for performing independent Client Audits of existing clients and new business prospects with a view to increasing insight into the potential risks associated with current or proposed receivables and inventory-based finance facilities and recommending solutions and actions to mitigate identified risks and optimise the balance of ABF risk/reward. Primary function is to confirm the value and integrity of ABF collateral. Also to endeavour to identify any apparent threats to the continuity of the business. On a secondary basis, the Audit acts as an independent check that the facility is being operated by the Client and managed by Asset & Relationship Management in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Results and Core Activities:
- Planning, organising and carrying out client audits and surveys of prospects and clients, thus by means of analysis obtaining insight into the suitability of collateral, systems and processes relating to predominantly receivables and inventory financing facilities. By means of data analysis, interviews with key client staff and observation at the production location/storage facility, the factorability of the collateral is assessed, usually on location.
- Report the audit findings and makes recommendations impartially and honestly to the relevant departments, the Credit Committee and/or the bank. These reports are taken into consideration when the finance application or proposed client file revision is assessed. Defends reports to the relevant credit authorities and wins their support for the findings and recommendations in the reports. Seeks ways of accommodating clients' wishes without losing sight of the risks.
- Participate in special projects and other tasks as directed from time to time by Head of Asset Valuation & Audit.
- Drawing on the expertise within Client Audit, contributes to the development of new ACF products and services. Suggests new products and/or improvements to existing products by weighing up client needs and client interests against the risk, thus increasing client satisfaction.
- Maintains formal and informal contacts with a variety or stakeholders throughout the organisation and represents the bank in dealings with service providers in the risk management domain.
- Advises and informs various stakeholders and various work and project groups about matters relating to client auditing. Transfers knowledge regarding his/her focus field to colleagues.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing. The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
- Good first degree or equivalent work experience gathered within audit or risk function within commercial finance industry.
- Proven financial industry working experience in a similar position.
- Formal accountancy qualification preferable.
- Knowledge of commercial finance market and products and activities.
- Experience in structuring, relationship managing or auditing/surveying of deals.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions and interpret financial statements.
- Good / strong Risk knowledge.
- Knowledge of credit risk analysis and/or audit/survey methodologies.
- Experience of working with Risk Factor would be beneficial.
- Competencies to include being highly motivated and ambitious, with high energy levels and ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively. Eagerness to learn and self-develop. Solution driven and can-do mentality. Good Stakeholder management capability and the ability to collaborate effectively. Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting deadlines, work independently and within a Team.
- Requires frequent travel within the UK, and occasionally to Europe.
- Flexibility to stay away from home often at short-notice.
- Ability to work from home in a suitably quiet and secure area when not on client premises.
- Option to work from regional network of offices ad-hoc.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.