Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Client Transaction Analyst ("CTA") are members of the Client Transaction Services Group (CTS) and are responsible for supporting the operational aspects of various client transition events including new mandate fundings, terminations, all asset-in-kind flows and product/portfolio changes with an emphasis on operational risk management and control environment. The CTA will work closely with the global relationship teams and other functional areas of the firm to ensure a consistent service model in transitioning client assets and to mitigate risk during the client transition event process. A substantial amount of time will be devoted to external communication with custodian banks, third party accounting agents, outsourcing providers, vendors, transition managers, and clients.
- Ensuring the timely and consistent delivery of account opening documentation for new client accounts; orchestrating custodial and market openings and connectivity both internally and externally as well as coordinating the execution of asset in-kind processing
- Initiating account record set-up for new accounts and/or portfolios and on-going maintenance of existing account records; reviewing and approving new account set-ups; facilitating proper use of internal trade restriction flags for our institutional separate/sub-advisory clients as well as Wellington's fund range.
- Coordinating fund launches, fund closures, share class launches, and related transition events for Wellington's fund range.
- Providing assistance and training to colleagues as well as acting as global expert for account record set-ups; updating process and control checklists
- Liaison and co-ordination with Transition Managers / legacy investment managers where relevant; Coordinating the reconciliation of external transition management trade execution files for new or existing accounts
- Being a thought partner to Client Integration Managers, Portfolio Manager/Coordinator and Trading in the development and implementation of our client transition strategies.
- Coordinating with Portfolio Management, Trading, and Investment personnel to help facilitate transition events on a pre and post event basis.
- Monitoring and processing of daily cash flows and confirming cash flow transactions with custodian banks
- Maintaining awareness of industry, custodian bank and regulatory change; develop understanding of different jurisdictions, client requirements, and custodian banks
- Liaising with the Cash Flow Team to coordinate client flow activity, supporting documentation, and best practices
- Broad and proven knowledge of the investment process, custody, fund operations, transfer agency functions, and securities knowledge including derivatives
- Excellent organizational, project planning, and execution skills including the ability to prioritize effectively and handle multi-tasks under time constraints
- Possess a high degree of analytical ability, strong business judgment and risk awareness, including the ability to synthesize complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives
- Exposure to investment operations or financial services operations in a risk management environment would be preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite
- Excellent communication skills, and proven client service delivery
- An Interest or desire to acquire applicable industry qualifications or an advanced degree would be preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .