Cloud Operations/ AWS Technical Specialist
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- 13 Feb 19
Nomura's cloud operation function provides the deployment and operational support for a new hybrid cloud platform comprising of an internal private cloud model and an integration to public cloud services such as AWS. The team operates a global "Follow The Sun" (FTS) support model with regional teams based in London, India, Japan, and America.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
Primary responsibility is to be part of a team that globally provides operational support for the Nomura Hybrid Cloud in a FTS model following Nomura's standard best practices and policies.
The role will have a strong focus on:
- Establishing automation principles through code. This will include training, documentation, customer and vendor engagement, automation, and tooling.
- Implement a centralized support model for the Public Cloud and supporting infrastructure that promotes lean practices
- Advocate for a DevOps approach to traditional system administration tasks, leading by example
- Interface with development teams to communicate issues and recommend improvements in their respective applications along with providing assistance to testing, reporting and development of new application service profiles within the cloud based environment
- Continuous monitoring of systems to ensure stability and reliability
- Continual service improvement is a key tenet of the team and the successful candidate will be expected to look at efficiencies through scripting and orchestration so experience with devops technologies will be useful.
- Strong AWS skills will be required to support and troubleshoot any issues on this platformThe successful candidate will be expected to be able to to respond to and resolve support issues and look at remediation steps to prevent reoccurrence - handling the issue resolutions from reporting to resolution. There will be direct interaction with the Cloud engineering team to escalate any recurring problems and feed back requirements that may require newly engineered solutions
- At the same time, it will be important to develop and maintain strong relationships with users who will include developers, production support teams, and end business users.
- This is a global role so will need to be able to work with and support counterparts in other regions to resolve and handover issues. As new platforms are built the operations members will be expected to take part in handover sesions to ensure successful transition into the production domain.
For more information, please apply with your CV here...