Cloud Op's- AWS Technical Lead
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Okt 18
Cloud Operations / AWS Specialist
Nomura's cloud operation function provides the deployment and operational support for a new hybrid cloud platform comprising of an internal private cloud model and an integration to public cloud services such as AWS.
The team operates a global "Follow The Sun" (FTS) support model with regional teams based in London, India, Japan, and America.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
Primary responsibility is to provide 24x7 global operational support for the Nomura Hybrid Cloud in a FTS model following Nomura's standard best practices and policies.
The role will have a strong focus on:
- Establishing automation principles through code. This will include training, documentation, customer and vendor engagement, automation, and tooling.
- Implement a centralized support model for the Public Cloud and supporting infrastructure that promotes lean practices
- Advocate for a DevOps approach to traditional system administration tasks, leading by example
- Interface with development teams to communicate issues and recommend improvements in their respective applications along with providing assistance to testing, reporting and development of new application service profiles within the cloud based environment
- Continuous monitoring of systems to ensure stability and reliability
- Continual service improvement is a key tenet of the team and the successful candidate will be expected to look at efficiencies through scripting and orchestration so experience with devops technologies will be useful.
- Strong AWS skills will be required to support and troubleshoot any issues on this platformThe successful candidate will be expected to be able to to respond to and resolve support issues and look at remediation steps to prevent reoccurrence - handling the issue resolutions from reporting to resolution. There will be direct interaction with the Cloud engineering team to escalate any recurring problems and feed back requirements that may require newly engineered solutions.
- At the same time, it will be important to develop and maintain strong relationships with users who will include developers, production support teams, and end business users.
- This is a global role so will need to be able to work with and support counterparts in other regions to resolve and handover issues. As new platforms are built the operations members will be expected to take part in handover sesions to ensure successful transition into the production domain.
Technical Experience/Knowledge Required:
Essential to have most of the following:
- Relevant AWS certification - AWS Solutions Architect - Associate or similar
- Experience of supporting and orchestrating AWS in a large environment
- Experience of AWS technologies such as CloudFormation, serverless computing (Lambda) and IAM roles
- ITIL experience including change and incident management preferred
- Experience of using ServiceNow
- Basic level of Linux (preferably RedHat 7.x)
- Knowledge of virtualisation and some level of experience with VMware
- Basic scripting and source control skills (e.g. Python, Bash, powershell and git)
- Knowledge/Experience of using devops based tools (e.g. Ansible, puppet, jenkins)
- Experience with log manipulation tools (e.g. Splunk, ELK)
- Understanding and familiarity with TCP/IP networks Desirable:
- Windows fundamentals
- Database fundamentals (preferably at least one of MySQL, MSSQL, Sybase ASE, Oracle)
- Middleware fundamentals (e.g. Tibco EMS, Solace)
- Experience with migrations from on-premises to public and/or private clouds
- Knowledge of Cisco networking and UCS
- Use of service ticketing/management tools such as ServiceNow
- Knowledge of banking systemsSoft Skills Required:
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and proven rapid learning capability
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks
- Utilisation of own initiative to resolve issues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent English written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Business and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand business context and requirements and discuss techinical details at different levels based on the audience