Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Financing Solutions graduate programme, you'll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for people with the curiosity to approach things from fresh perspectives, the ability to build meaningful relationships, and the determination to shape the best solutions for our customers
- You're motivated and ambitious, and you'll bring integrity, creativity and a real customer focus to your work.
As a graduate trainee in Financing Solutions, we'll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you'll need to make a significant impact and become a leading debt banker. You'll be working with some of the most sophisticated customers in Europe, building meaningful relationships with customers from medium sized corporations to blue chip companies and leading private equity sponsors.
We'll reward you with a starting salary of £55,000 a year pro rata. And on top of your salary, you'll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
Over the course of this two-year programme you'll:
- Gain debt product experience across loans, bonds, private placements, acquisition financing and derivatives
- Get a real insight into product development and digital banking
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients' needs and expertise in the products we offer
- Build robust financial modelling, credit analysis and risk management skills
- Develop the confidence to pitch ideas, develop solutions and challenge the status quo
- The knowledge and understanding of how ESG impacts the products and services we offer
- Experience working across different business areas including our market-leading bond and derivative syndicate and execution franchise in NatWest Markets.
To give you an idea on where this programme can take you, previous graduates have gone on to secure jobs in finance, infrastructure projects finance, leveraged finance, and risk solutions. About the business area
In Financing Solutions our goal is to provide debt financing, risk solutions and first-class advisory services for UK and European corporate and private equity clients. We cover a broad range of specialisms, including acquisition financing, specialist asset-backed financing, leveraged buyouts, infrastructure financing and project finance for greenfield renewable energy projects. Our advisory services work closely in collaboration with all teams across the business area to offer their expertise on credit ratings and sustainable finance. Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.